With modern technology ever evolving, it’s important for vulnerable adults to keep up to date wherever possible, as technology can provide invaluable solutions to everyday living, as well as enhance health, safety and well-being within one’s home environment. Research has confirmed the benefits of social media for elderly clients as it provides a great source of entertainment and also keeps vulnerable adults minds engaged and active. Social connectivity via technology decreases feelings of isolation as it provides the opportunity to keep in touch with family and friends online and clients can also participate in a wider part of society via social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Skype.
- Facilitate transferring the management of your bills and finances to direct debits/standing orders
- Teach skills to maintain face to face contact with friends and family via technology such as skype and facetime.
- Learn how to use social media to keep in touch with others.
- Assist and support with setting up and maintaining your computer, IT and connectivity.
- Facilitate utilising of tele care within your home so as to enable friends and family to monitor your welfare within your home; with alerts being sent should a crisis or accident arise